Hi! My name is Michelle and this is my first blog post. I had a hard time choosing a theme; it took me longer than I expected since not only was I looking for one that I liked visually, but also one I could personally relate to.
At first I thought of uploading a picture of my own choosing as the background, but I couldn't decide on one. So I browsed the premade themes instead. I considered a couple other themes before I finally found and chose this one called Artsy. I liked the abstract watercolor visual in general, but also liked the specific colors; they reminded me of a beautiful summer sunset.
I did still like the idea of incorporating a personal picture though, so I included one at the top of my post. I also thought the colors of the picture complimented the colors of the Artsy theme pretty well. The picture is of chalk art my toddlers created together and my son's wet hand print in the middle.
My husband and I have been together since 2008 and have a 5 year old daughter, 3 year old son and 4 month old son. Our world revolves around them and one of their favorite things to do is anything creative and artistic with us so that was another reason I chose the Artsy theme.
One final thing that made me choose this theme was that it is non-specific and can fit in fine with pretty much any topic as I'm not yet sure what all topics I'll be posting about. In contrast to some other themes, which were pretty specific like the one called Tasty Treats featuring pastries. I did also go into the advanced features and customize the fonts.
I was surprised to learn how easily and quickly a blog can be created, and specially for free! I have a large extended family with many members out of state/country so my husband and I actually really like the idea of creating a personal blog to share pictures and updates of our kids with our families as opposed to using social media for that like we have in the past.

Hi Michelle!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your first post! Reading through the beginning, I was reminded of a psychological concept that states that people will often freeze and be unable to pick an option if too many options are presented. I really enjoy the theme that you landed on as it is very aesthetically pleasing.
I am glad to hear that you have a loving family and hope that you have recovered well from your most recent child. I think that you have a unique world perspective that will add a lot of value to our group. Cheers!