I still have not been able to get my Facebook business or even personal page created yet so I was not able to actually like/follow any businesses as of yet. However, I did research seven brands that are similar to the business I would like to create and/or would share my target market.
Initially, the first company that came to mind was Claire's since that is where I purchased a majority of my jewelry growing up. However, I do recall almost every item I bought from them breaking after not many uses, so although they share my target audience, my company's goal would be to create higher-quality and more durable products than Claire's offers. The following six brands I hadn't heard of before, but found them through a Google search of children's jewelry/accessories companies.
The brands I chose are: In Season Jewelry, Tiny Blessings, Alex and Ani, Molly B London, Pip Pop Post, & Super Smalls. I chose these brands because they all share my target audience and they all emphasis at least one aspect that my company would also strive for including high-quality, durability, and elegant designs.
I spent some time looking through all the brands Facebook pages except for Molly B London, which doesn't have a Facebook page (although their website does have a Facebook icon that leads to an error message saying "content not found"). I looked at their Instagram instead to compare and they have 23k followers and post regularly, but don't have high engagement. Claire's and Alex + Ani are the two with the most followers at 1.5M for Claire's and 1.8M for Alex & Ani. Tiny Blessings and In Season Jewelry are mi-side with 32-34k followers. Pip Pop Post and Super Smalls have the least followers at 6k & 2k.
Of course, the higher the follower count the more engagement the posts receive, however, I noticed they all had pretty low engagement in general. This was true for Alex + Ani and even Claire's, which was a bit shocking. All the companies post pretty regularly and the majority of posts were videos showcasing their products and/or customer/influencer posts. I thought all the posts were really well-made except for Super Smalls, which has a lot of posts where they photoshop their jewelry onto celebrities and it looked unprofessional.
No comments:
Post a Comment