Personally, I get a lot of emails and unless it is something I'm really interested in, I will unsubscribe if they email me more than once weekly. For my business, I would utilize email marketing once or twice monthly as I wouldn't want to risk overwhelming or irritating anyone.
Some information and content ideas for my company's e-mail newsletter would be our new product offerings, special limited time products, sales, and education for example regarding the different materials used in jewelry. I think my customers would enjoy those content ideas because they would want to be alerted of new and limited-time products before they sell out, sales so they don't miss them and and most people enjoy educational content and learning more about the products they are purchasing.
Hi Michelle, some good input here about newsletters. I agree that newsletters can be too much if sent out weekly, and then people will start to ignore them or unsubscribe altogether as you mentioned. I think by spreading them out a bit more, it might be something people might actually open because it is new or something they haven't seen in a while. I also liked your idea about putting limited time offers in your newsletters, so that it prompts people to look into a special sale before time expires!
ReplyDelete