Thursday, March 27, 2025

Week 9 Part A

After researching more about TikTok, and assuming it does not end up banned and gets bought by a US company so the data collection isn't an issue, I think it would be a great platform for my business to use.  The fact that TikTok has such a large active user base and that a video can go viral without having many followers makes it a great way for new/small businesses to get noticed and gain a following easier and faster than they can on other social platforms.

Another great aspect of TikTok I learned about is the ease of sharing videos across other platforms which can really increase the video's reach and expose the business to new audiences. Short form video content is really popular including YouTube shorts and Instagram stories/reels. And I have actually noticed many of the shorts I watch on YouTube are actually TikTok videos originally.

The videos my company would make would be mainly sneak peeks at new jewelry designs. Special order personalized requests would make great video content as well.  Other things that we can include in our videos would be an office tour, meet the team, packing and shipping orders, etc.  I enjoy watching videos like that myself from other brands.

I have had a TikTok account before, but it was just a personal one and I didn't create any content, just viewed content. I would be interested in creating a business account since it offers more than a personal account.


No comments:

Post a Comment